I’m sorry I’ve been neglecting the blogosphere these days. The job, post-promotion, has been taking up all my time! Oh, and snuggling with my baby girl. That takes up the rest of my time.
I thought today I’d update you all on some past posts:
- The Shark: We still love the new vacuum. So far, it was definitely worth the money. Since Turner will be crawling soon (we think…) it was a necessary purchase. I definitely feel better about putting her on the floor now.
- Working Out: I don’t understand the question… I haven’t been doing so well in the running department. As many of you know firsthand, winter in the Midwest this year was ROUGH. We’ve had a couple nice days, so I plan to get on the move soon! I even snared a running buddy (that’s you Brittany C!). But let’s focus on successes. I have been doing some squats and lunges to get ready to run. Hope it helps! Part of the working out post was also what I needed to buy to start running, and contacts were on the top of the list. Walgreens now carries contacts, and they give some pretty good deals to get people on board. My contacts were 1) cheaper than 1-800 Contacts (where I usually get them) and 2) 20% off with a coupon! In total, I spent just over $70 (hello free shipping) for a 6 month supply (my 3 month supply was about that much before). To you non-astigmatism people, count yourselves lucky. Toric lenses cost about 50% more per box. I really hope Turner lucks out and doesn’t need glasses (both for her eye health and our wallet!).
- Wedding Invitations: So, I think they turned out great! The bride hasn’t seen them, so I suppose I haven’t passed the real test yet. If you have no clue what I’m talking about, I offered to address my friend’s wedding invitations as a shower gift (part of tapping your talents to save money). They took about 3 hours over 2 days, and I only had to throw away 3 envelopes. Since there were 79 to address, I’m going to put that in the “win” column. The bride (hey Liz!) is pretty excited, so I hope they live up to her expectations!
- Meal Planning: This one does NOT go in the “win” column. We’ve had some extra busy nights lately, and sometimes we don’t even eat dinner. I guess that saves money! I’d really like to work on this one, though.
- Tax Return: I’m sure you know that we spent some of our tax return on the Shark (have I written enough about it?), but we didn’t tell you where the rest went. Post baby, the doctor bills were through the roof. We’ve managed to pay off all but two (including Turner’s bi-monthly doctor visits). That left our emergency fund almost completely depleted. Well, it’s beefed back up to $1500! Dave Ramsey (we follow his plan) suggests having a $1000 starter emergency fund until you are out of debt, but Tu and I are currently uninsured. Zach and I feel much more comfortable having that little $500 cushion just in case. As soon as we’re covered (come on June 1st!), we’ll send that $500 toward debt. As for the rest, well, Tu may have gotten some new clothes. Girl is growing like a weed!